Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Songs I Kept Playing Over & Over In 2010

This year, I've been listening to a fair bit of songs.. partly the difference as compared to the years before is because I drive here in Kay El (as compared to when I was in Singapore) hence the radio is usually on and I'm introduced to quite a fair share of songs.

Then of cos, I do buy some CDs who artistes I think are good and/or are under the 'must listen' list (or some of them - compilation albums), and will find new jewels in them. Apart from these, the share on social networks & friends recommendation spring a few songs that capture my attention as well.

Now, when I like a particular song, I tend to keep playing that song over & over again - be it on the CD or even via YouTube.

Here's what I've been playing over & over this 2010 (note, some are songs in 2010, while some others are older):

1. Da Ri Zi by Astro Personalities & Celebrities
Love the movie (Woo Hoo!). And love the song that comes with it. Not too Cheena to me, and I guess cos the movie really touched me during CNY season.

2. Hua Sha by Cindy Yen & Jay Chou

I like this song for it is melody.. I can still remember being so mesmerised by it the first time I heard it on radio. To me, it's very catchy, but still with a laidback approach, making it quite a unique song rather.

3. Pakai Buang by Stacy

Another song that caught my attention on radio. The 'pa, pa, pa.. kenapa' lyrics really caught me off guard when I switched to the Malay channel one day and I traced this catchy song down.

4. Wedding Dress by Taeyang (aka Sol from Big Bang)

This year is also the year that Kpop kinda invaded my music tunes. All these started with my research on some K tunes, and chanced on Big Bang.. and then that lead to Taeyang's cool songs.

5. I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas

I love catchy tunes, and more so if they are happy/ inspiring. This falls into that feel good mood. I know that Black Eyed Peas have been around for a bit, but it's this song that really caught my attention.

6. Be With You by Akon

Now, this obviously is an old song. But like some of the many singers out there, I've only heard of Akon by name and not knowing his songs till this year. Anyway, I like this song lots - from its melody to its lyrics.

7. Man Man by Rachel Liang & Wang Zheng Liang

2010 is the year of duets for me.. and I put this song in the similar league of Hua Sha. It falls within the Chinese love songs category, but a lil more uplifting. And again, just like Hua Sha, I could just listen to this song and picture myself driving at the countryside with the soft sun rays touching gently on the skin.

8. Please Be Careful With My Heart - Christian Bautisa & Sarah Geronimo

Love songs, and more love songs. Duets & more duets. With an Asian touch this time.. is Pinoy power singers. Went to the Philippines, bought some CDs, and found this jewel which I fell in love with.

9. I Love You. You Love Me by Da.Mon.Ster

Seems like I quite fancy Chinese songs this year.. and one of them is this local group's simple yet catchy tune.

10. Cao Ren Bu Hui Fei by Jay Chou

One of the most anticipated albums this year is non other than Mando pop prince, Jay Chou. I've always liked his songs and this is not different. The 1 song which I liked from the CD and relate to a lot is this. It came at a time when I was a lil down with work, and really, at that time I felt that Superman, could not fly..

11. What You Waiting For by Mizz Nina feauturing Colby O'Donis

More local singers - and here is this super catchy tune. I guess like many, I thought this song was from overseas.. and was overjoyed when I found out it's by our very own local singer!

12. For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert

Went to watch Adam's KL concert and see what the buzz is all about. Liked his performance and got his CD. And do like a few of his songs, though this to me is most likely the catchiest of em all.

13. Bad Romance by Lady Gaga

Lil similar to Adam Lambert, I got her album out of curiosity to check out the buzz. Well I've heard a few of her songs on radio, but thought it would be worth 'investing' in her album. Must say nearly all her songs are awesome and will keep one to keep playing them over and over. But if there's one that stands out the most, it's most probably this.

14. Firework by Katy Perry

Was introduced to this song by my biz partner. He kept saying that the song was inspiring and so was the clip. Went to watch it, and true enough, it fits like what he described!

15. Gotta Be Somebody by Nickelback

I knew bout this song when it was shared via Facebook, and got immersed by it. Meaningful uplifting lyrics has always been my cuppa, and this again, fits well with it.

16. Ni Bu Zi Dao De Shi by Lee Hom

One of my other favourite Mando singers.. with his new album, and one new song that was like his forte. Love song, a lil sad, but a definite audience wow-er!

17. Dynamite By Taio

I must say that 2010 is the year of hip hop for me.. songs that are simply happy and upbeat. Good for clubbing, but also good for a good start to the day!

18. Hold My Hand by Michael Jackson & Akon

What happens when 2 favourite artistes collaborate? A good song, no, make that a cool song! I'm also very touched by this lyrics. It sure feels like MJ never really left.. and continue to inspire.

Looking back, wow, there sure is quite a list full of songs that I like this 2010! How bout you, what are the songs that touched you this year? :)

*There's some Thai songs which I kept playing over & over as well (from the CDs I bought from Thailand), but can't remember the name. Will update this post once I find them.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are super awesome and uplifting songs! Some groups / singers are new to me but the rest are my favourites too. ^^

    Thanks for sharing your favourite songs with us, QuaChee. Music universally heals the mind, body and soul~

    *Cheers! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha :D I only listen to a few that you listen. Mine definitely got Jay Chow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seldom listen to Chinese songs now. Currently I like Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars : )

    ReplyDelete

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)