Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Malaysia Social Media Week And Me

Work. Oh, it can get so busy.

Well, it doesn't takes a genius to guess that based on the postings on my blog (or lack thereof).

There's a lot ongoing. But these will be shared some other time - at the RIGHT time.

As for now, I wanna share one rather happy occasion where I was the speaker for one of the biggest digital media events in the country, Malaysia Social Media Week.


This happened last February - with me sharing the stage with some of the coolest digital media industry players - the most celebrated probably is Scott Eddy, MD of nine9nine.


There's also Evan Carmichael, another influential digital player. In fact, there is a full list of speakers, whom I've had the opportunity to share the stage with. 

Me and my speakers ready for our session.
Me and my co speaker, Nik, just before our speech


*But besides giving my speech, this event was an opportunity to network - making friends with new associates, and at the same time meeting up with "old friends". Truly a networking of sorts.

Apart from having the privilege to go on the stage and speak, I'm also happy to have met some new friends and reconnect with some old ones. Truly, it was like a social gathering of sorts.





I spoke about the digital community that my company is embarking on. The title of my speech - Make Yourself Epic. Gave it a superhero theme to it (well, not surprising heh :P ).





*On a side note, I also managed to try out the Google Glass on that event. Pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh hey, thank you for commenting! :)